When to complete an IT Access Request form
- Please work with the Division of Talent and Inclusion - Human Resources to complete the hiring process prior to submitting this request. Please direct questions regarding the IT Access Form to the IT Service Desk.
- IT highly recommends that the candidate's alternate email address is included in Workday, as this is the only means of WPI account notification.
- New account
- New Access
- Modified Access
- Account Holder Name
- Approvals from Supervisor, Department/Division (if different than supervisor), Information Analyst
How to Request Account
Computer accounts and access are requested by the hiring department. This should occur at least ten business days prior to the individual's start date. Forms submitted less than ten business days prior to the anticipated start date may result in accounts and access provisioned after the individual's start date.
- The hiring supervisor or the department head of the account holder completes and signs the IT Computer Account and Data Access Request Form (linked under Actions)
- The form is emailed to the Information Technology Service Desk
- The IT Service Desk may be contacted to inquire about account creation or access provisioning status.
Account creation and access:
- After the candidate is moved to a "Hire" state in Workday, the account is created within seven days of the Workday "Hire Date".
- Shortly after WPI account creation, basic user information, including username, appears in the Global Address List (GAL).
- Only if the new hire has provided their personal email (i.e., social or other university) in Workday, an email communication can be generated to the alternate address with instructions to claim new WPI account credentials.
- Access provisioned to birthright or other WPI systems is dependent upon the new hire completing the email communication instructions.
How to Request Account Extension
Before the account expires, an extension may be requested by the supervisor emailing the IT Service Desk with the account holder's username and the new end date.
After an account is expired:
- If the job record is still active, an extension may be requested by the supervisor emailing the IT Service Desk with the account holder's username and the new end date.
- If there is no job record, an extension is requested by the supervisor emailing the IT Computer Account and Data Access Request Form to the IT Service Desk. In addition, a Workday record is required.