In order to change your password on a Mac computer, you will need to use the Remote Desktop Connection application to log on to the WPI Terminal Server. Ensure that you have the necessary Remote Desktop Connection client already installed.
- Open Finder
- Click on the Applications option on the left menu
- Find the Remote Desktop Connection folder and open it
- Double-click on the Remote Desktop Connection icon
- Type 'windows.wpi.edu' into the Computer field and click Connect
- The window that comes up will show the login screen of the Terminal Server. Click OK for the AUP notification
- Log in with your current username and password. Remember to type in your username without @wpi.edu
- If your password has already expired, a dialog will come up for you to reset your password
- To change your password: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL on your keyboard, and then choose Change Password in the screen that shows up
- Type your current password in the Old password field
- Enter a new password in the New Password field
- Re-type your new password in the Confirm New Password field
- Click OK
- Exit the Remote Desktop window
When you need to change your password, you will also need to ensure that your new password is changed anywhere that you may have it saved. Common locations where passwords are saved include: email on a mobile device, Canvas app, VPN client, and Keychain on an MAC PC.
Failure to update your password in all stored locations may trigger security lockout protocols.
It may take up to thirty minutes for WPI systems, including email, to allow access using your new password.
Please remember to follow WPI's Password Policy when choosing a new Windows password.
This will work for Mac computers on-campus, or those off-campus running Mac OS 10.4 or newer with security patches which can use the VPN for off-campus Remote Desktop connections.