When you need to change your password, you will also need to ensure that your new password is changed anywhere that you may have it saved. Common locations where passwords are saved include: email on a mobile device, Canvas app, VPN client, and Keychain on an MAC PC.
Failure to update your password in all stored locations may trigger security lockout protocols.
There are two options you may use to reset your WPI password. For either option, it may take up to thirty minutes for WPI systems, including email, to allow access using your new password.
Option 1: Self Service Password Reset
- If you have already established your account for the self-service password reset feature, please navigate to Reset WPI Password action to change your password. Complete instructions are in the Action View Self Service Password Reset Instructions.
Option 2: On-Campus Reset
- If you have not established the Self-Service Password Reset feature, log in to a WPI computer on the ADMIN domain with your current username and password. If you are prompted to change your password upon login, skip to step 3.
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL on your keyboard, and then click on the Change Password option in the screen that shows up
- Type your current password in the Old password field
- Enter a new password in the New Password field. Please remember to follow WPI's Password Policy when choosing a new password
- Re-type your new password in the Confirm New Password field
- Click OK