Here are three options within the Canvas learning management system:
- Download the class roster for use in Excel
- View all students and groups in a Canvas course
- Use the Canvas message tool, which will send a copy of a message to the recipient's WPI email as well as any replies to the instructor's email in addition to storing the message Canvas Conversations
The options above assume that the student has activated their WPI account. A student won't appear in Canvas until their account has been provisioned (however, they may appear on the official roster in Banner even if not yet in Canvas).
Faculty can generate their own classlists at bannerweb.wpi.edu.
- Log into BannerWeb
- Click on the Faculty Services link
- Click on the Course Information Menu link
- Click on either the Class List Summary link or the Detailed Class List link
- Select the Term your course is in and click the Submit button
- Select the Course you want the Class List for and click the Submit button
- To download this class list to a spreadsheet click on the Create Spreadsheet button located just below the Enrollment Counts area
- To email this class scroll to the bottom and click on the Email class button located below the last students enrollment info
Many academic department administrative assistants can generate classlists using Argos. Faculty can request this directly through their department office.