The guest portal is available to sponsored guests of WPI employees or events. The overall operation is similar to using many public "hotspot" networks, such as at a cafe or hotel. A username and password is required to access this network. Most departments have a staff member who may provision the username and password. It may also be provisioned by WPI ITS via the request form, particularly if needed for a large event and/or duration longer than three days.
- WPI sponsor submits request at least two business days in advance
- WPI sponsor provides Sponsored Guest Wireless account username and password to guest
- If guest's device was previously registered on the WPI network, it must be removed prior to joining WPI Guest Wireless.
- Guest uses Sponsored Guest Wireless account username and password for login
- Connect to the "WPI-Open" wireless network. This network requires no encryption or authentication at the wireless layer.
- Open a web browser. The initial attempt to view a web page, such as your home page, will be redirected to the initial login page.
- Enter in the username and password provided to you by Network Operations, and click on the "Login" button.
- Once the username and password are accepted, you will be granted network access and your web browser will be redirected to the site you originally requested. You may use the network as you would normally.
Note:If you have any concerns that any of your guests will not know how to accomplish this step, please let us know, and we will schedule a NetOps staff member to assist.
Please note that if you are disconnected from the network for any length of time, such as if you suspend your laptop, you may be required to log into the guest wireless network again.