- WPI owned computers which have been joined to the ADMIN domain do not need to follow this procedure. These devices can already use the "WPI-Wireless" network
- Windows Vista (SP2 or newer), Windows 7 (SP1 or newer), Windows 8, and Windows 10 are supported
- Windows XP devices are not supported on the WPI network
- All web browsers are supported
- If you are using Windows 8 or greater, please ensure that you are using the desktop version of Internet Explorer or the Edge Browser. Metro web browsers will not work
Because Windows Phone 7 & 8 and Windows Mobile devices do not support EAP/TLS Certificates and WPA-2 Enterprise standards, they are unable to connect to the WPI-Open wireless network.
- Unplug your wired Ethernet connection
- Connect to the WPI-Open wireless network
- Open your browser and navigate to https://w.wpi.edu
- Follow the step by step instructions
- Reboot your machine
Once all steps have been completed you should be connected to the WPI wireless network.
- If the native executable does not work, you may also click on the "Java Applet" or "ActiveX" links provided. If you are using Firefox or Chrome, make sure you have Java 1.7 installed for the Java Applet. Internet Explorer will use an ActiveX applet. Safari for Windows will not work with either the "Java Applet" or "ActiveX" links.
- Some non-English languages - notably Far-East languages - which have non-ASCII characters in the username have been reported to produce errors when using the XpressConnect application. In these cases, please refer to to "Connect to WPI Wireless Using Windows - Manual Setup".
- If necessary removing the "WPI-Wireless" and "eduroam" wireless profiles may be required prior to re-running this procedure. You can open a Command Prompt and run the following command:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393] (c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\USERNAME>netsh wlan delete profile WPI-Wireless Profile "WPI-Wireless" is deleted from the interface "Wi-Fi" C:\Users\USERNAME>netsh wlan delete profile eduroam Profile "eduroam" is deleted from the interface "Wi-Fi"