- WPI account in good standing
- Proper date, time, and timezone set on device
- An active Google Account that can login to your device
If this is a brand new or recently "Powerwashed" device, you will not be able to connect to the WPI-Wireless network as a Guest. You may need to do initial provisioning before you login to your device with your Google Account. By connecting to the WPI-Open network, you should have enough Internet access to provision the device and switch to your Google Account.
This procedure must be followed for each user on a Chromebook ; configuring WPI-Wireless on a Chromebook will enable wireless access per user. Example: John.Doe@gmail.com configured WPI-Wireless on the Chromebook. When Sally.Jones@gmail.com logs into the Chromebook, she will not have access to WPI-Wireless without following this procedure.
- Ensure that you are logged into your Chromebook with your Google Account
- Connect to the WPI-Open wireless network
- Open your web browser to https://w.wpi.edu
- Accept the WPI Acceptable Use Policy
- Follow the onscreen instructions
In some cases, CloudPath may not properly detect your device. Please click the "Show all operating systems" and select "Chrome OS"
- Click on "Step 1" to download the Network File
- Open a new tab on your Chromebook and visit chrome://net-internals/#chromeos
- Under Import ONC File, click Choose File
- Select the downloaded WPI-Wireless.onc file and click Open
- To connect, select WPI-Wireless from the list of wireless networks
- If an error is not reported, your device is now configured for the network
- Reboot your device
Once all steps have been completed you should be connected to the WPI Wireless network.