- WPI account in good standing
- Proper date, time, and timezone set on device
- Automated installation for Android versions 2.1 (circa 2010) and newer are supported. If you have an Android device with an older Android version you will need to configure it manually.
- Make sure that your device has a lock screen PIN or password.
Android requires a lock screen in order to store certificates. Only PIN or password are supported. In newer Android devices, fingerprints may be used on top of PIN or password.
Android devices which have certificates installed and then are changed to None, Pattern or Swipe may lose access to the certificate store. Especially Samsung devices, sometimes the only way to repair this issue is with a factory reset of the device.
- Connect to the WPI-Open wireless network
- Open your web browser to https://w.wpi.edu
- Accept the WPI Acceptable Use Policy
- Follow the onscreen instructions
- When prompted to install the Cloudpath app, please install from the Google Play store
If Step 2 "Configure Your Device" does not work, try the "Alternate option" listed below the Step 2 link before opening a Service Desk ticket
- Reboot your device, if possible
Once all steps have been completed you should be connected to the WPI Wireless network.
- Turn off mobile data and try running Cloudpath to make sure the device is connected to Wireless setup.
- If your Android Device continues to be redirected to the "Network Registration" page, there may be a caching issue. Turning off your device for 5 minutes may solve this issue.
- Samsung Devices - mostly prior to 2016 - occasionally have a "Credential Storage Password" which was not set by the user. If this is the case, the device will need to be factory reset to remove the password in order to install certificates.
- Certain older Android devices require certain passwords to install certificates. Please read the prompts - sometimes the password is your WPI Password and other times it is provided in the prompt. This is highly dependent on your device.
- If you are unable to download the Cloudpath app from the Google Play store, you will need to use "Local Download". However, to use this file you will first need to Enable "Unknown sources" in Settings -> Security.