- WPI account in good standing
- Proper date, time, and timezone set on device
- Ubuntu version 9.04 or greater is required.
- Connect to the WPI-Open wireless network
- Open your web browser to https://w.wpi.edu
- Download the XpressConnect program
- Click the link that says "Download for Linux." In the download prompt, choose the option "Open With: Archive Manager." This will download a file named 'XpressConnect-x64.tar.bz2' on 64-bit systems and 'XpressConnect-x86.tar bz2' on 32-bit systems, then immediately open it.
- Open the downloaded *.tar.bz2 archive, and extract its contents to a memorable location.
- Once the extraction finishes, click on "Show the Files," which will open the location of the XpressConnect program.
- Double-click on the XpressConnect executable for your platform. This will launch the XpressConnect program, which will automatically configure your wireless connection.
- Reboot your device
Once all steps have been completed you should be connected to the WPI Wireless network.