The commercial use of MathWorks products is not covered by our site license. WPI Community members currently using a commercial license should continue to do so.
Use MATLAB from WPI Network
- The network version of MATLAB is available from a WPI-owned machine or access the software via Terminal Services (matlab01.wpi.edu and matlab02.wpi.edu) if desired.
- The network version includes 50 toolboxes and has an unlimited number of licenses for the toolboxes. For a complete list of toolboxes please see actions.
- Off-campus use of the network license requires use of the VPN.
Use MATLAB on a Personally-owned Machine
To install the Standalone version of MATLAB on a personally owned machine follow these steps:
- Create a Mathworks account via the Mathworks WPI Information Portal.
- Within the Mathworks WPI Informational Portal follow the prompts to download and install the appropriate version for either Windows (64-bit), Mac OS X (Intel 64-bit) or Linux (64-bit).
- Log in with the MathWorks account which uses your WPI credentials, and activate the license.
A Note on Licensing
Active WPI community members can reactivate the license annually using their WPI credentials.
Training for Matlab and Simulink:
WPI offers training and consultation for MATLAB as well as many other scientific applications through ARCs Scientific and Engineering Software Applications (SESA) Training.