Office 365 Distribution Groups (formerly knows as Distribution Lists) are generated using WPI data. These include "standinglists" such as lists of all employees, majors lists, and advising lists.
- The list name complies with the Naming Policy
- The list name is prefixed wtih DL- for example "DL-voting-faculty"
- Changes are performed by IT, including list creation, owner and moderator change, list deletion.
- These lists are not visible in the Global Adress List (GAL) to maintain privacy.
- Members can see Distribution Groups they belong to using O365 Outlook for the Web.
- Existing lists may have one or more moderators.
- Distribution Groups can be accessed using O365 Outlook for the Web as follows.
- Select Settings
- Under Your app settings choose Mail
- Under Options (which appears on the left) choose General
- Click Distribution groups