Office 365 Distribution Groups (formerly known as Distribution Lists) are generated using WPI data. These include "standinglists" such as lists of all employees, majors lists, and advising lists.
- The list name complies with the WPI Mailing List Policy
- The list name is prefixed with dl- for example "dl-voting-faculty"
- Changes are performed by IT, including list creation, owner and moderator change, list deletion
- These lists are not visible in the Global Address List (GAL) to maintain privacy.
- Members can see Distribution Groups they belong to using O365 Outlook for the Web.
- Distribution Groups created from mailinglists that existed prior to August 2018 will receive mail sent to the new address firstname.lastname@example.org as well as the prior address email@example.com.
- Existing lists may have one or more moderators.
- Distribution Groups can be accessed using O365 Outlook for the Web as follows.
- Select Settings
- Under Your app settings choose Mail
- Under Options (which appears on the left) choose General
- Click Distribution groups