Office 365 Groups are used for self-managed email list and collaboration.
- The list name complies with the Naming Policy
- The list name is prefixed wtih "GR-"
- Group creation and modification requires O365 Outlook for the Web
- A Groups folder appears in O365 Outlook for the Web if you are an owner or member of a Group.
- Groups can collaborate by sharing files,conversations, etc.
- Messages can be dragged from personal Inbox to Group.
- Ownership: The group owner is able to create, modify, and delete the group in O365 Outlook for the Web. When the owner's WPI account
is terminated all associated groups are also terminated, therefore WPI IT recommends establishing multiple owners.
- Membership: Groups can include WPI or non-WPI email addresses.
- Public vs. Private: If you want anyone to be able to join the group, make it Public. If the owner should approve member join requests, make it Private.
- Rename: Renaming a group does not change the associated email address; it only changes the display name.
- Delete: Deleting a Group removes all associated group work including shared files, conversations, email, SharePoint site.
Permissions: Members can edit, modify, delete data.
Access: New members have access to all Group data, including data added prior to their membership.
Print & Access Info
Content Create Date: 2018-07-31 09:45:00
Content last Modified Date: 2018-08-09 18:12:07
Access Date: 2018-08-14 05:06:29
Access URL: https://it.wpi.edu/article/id/216