- From Preferences, open Printer and Scanners.
- Click + to add a new printer.
- Select "Advanced". If there is no "Advanced" option:
From the Advanced Options, Change "Type" and select "Windows Printer via spoolss" from the drop down menu.
- Ctrl + Click on the Toolbar area and Select "Customize Toolbar".
- Drag the Advanced icon into the toolbar.
In the URL section, type the name of the printer in the format of:
Image of Advanced icon
For example, if the hostname of a printer is cc_public, the full URL should be
You can rename the printer as you'd like to see it when printing a document. It is recommended to write the hostname in the "Name" field to assist in troubleshooting in the future.
Select the drivers from the "Use" drop down.
Note: Drivers do not auto-populate; visit the manufacturer's website to download (see Actions).
Once the printer has been added, print a test page. Print server authentication requires your WPI username and password.