Pulse Secure Qualified Systems: The platforms listed as qualified have been systematically tested by the Pulse Secure Quality Assurance department as part of this release.
- Ubuntu 17.10, 64 bit
- Ubuntu 16.04.04, 64 bit and 32 bit
- Debian 9.4, 64 bit and 32 bit
- Cent OS 7.4, 64 bit
- RHEL 7.4, 64 bit
- Fedora 27, 64 bit and 32 bit
Pulse Secure Compatible Systems: The platforms listed as compatible have not been systematically tested by our QA department in this release; however, Pulse Secure expects that the Pulse functionality will work based on testing of previous releases and knowledge of the platform.
- Ubuntu 17.x, 64 bit
- Ubuntu 16.x, 64 bit and 32 bit
- Debian 9.x, 64 bit and 32 bit
- Debian 8.x, 64 bit and 32 bit
- Cent OS 7.x, 64 bit
- Cent OS 6.x, 64 bit and 32 bit
- RHEL 7.x, 64 bit
- Fedora 26, 64 bit and 32 bit
- Download the appropriate package for your Linux distribution.
- Install the package.
- The installation command for a Debian - based installation is: dpkg -i
- The installation command for a RPM - based installation is: rpm -ivh
- Once installed, run the Dependencies Installation Command.
- Command for 64 bit machines: /usr/local/pulse/PulseClient_x86_64.sh install_dependency_packages
- Command for 32 bit machines: /usr/local/pulse/PulseClient.sh install_dependency_packages
- If using Fedora 28, also run: dnf install compat-libicu57
- To run the application from the User Interface (UI), use the "Pulse Secure" application.
- Append /usr/local/pulse to LD_LIBRARY_PATH: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/pulse
- Launch the UI by executing: /usr/local/pulse/pulseUi
- Configure the VPN client. After you have installed and launched Pulse Secure, you can add a new connection profile by following these steps:
- Click on the plus sign next to the "Connect" label
- Select "UAC or SSL-VPN" for the type option
- Type in "Default VPN" for the Name option
- Type in https://vpn.wpi.edu for the Server URL option
- Click the Add button to save the profile
To launch UI from the Terminal:
The profile just added should appear in the menu on the main screen. Click on the connect button to complete the login process. Be sure to use your full WPI email address as your login.