A new voice mailbox in AvayaAura Messageing 6.3.3 requires the owner to set a password and allows the owner to record greetings.
Change voice mailbox password:
- Using your campus phone extension, dial x6900. (To use a phone other than your current campus phone extension, press the # key. You will hear, "Login incorrect, please try again," then enter your mailbox number - same as phone extension).
- Enter the temporary password provided to you. If you have not received the temporary password, contact the ITS Service Desk.
- Create a new password. Passwords for mailboxes can be between 4 and 10 digits.
- Password cannot be consecutive or all the same digits, i.e. 1234, 1111.
- Password cannot be the same as the extension.
- Using your campus phone extension, dial x6900.
- Enter your password, then press #.
- Press 8 - 2 for the Personal Greetings Options, then follow the prompts to record:
- Personal Greeting - outgoing message heard when a caller reaches your voice mailbox
- Personal Verification - your name, heard when a caller accesses the campus directory
Note: If you don't record greetings, you will have the default personal greeting of "NAME is not available. Record your message after the tone..." and the default system pronunciation of your name.
Print & Access Info
Content Create Date: 2016-12-01 11:28:00
Content last Modified Date: 2017-01-25 11:04:16
Access Date: 2018-07-19 03:32:36
Access URL: https://it.wpi.edu/article/id/105