A new voice mailbox in AvayaAura Messageing 6.3.3 requires the owner to set a password and allows the owner to record greetings.
Change voice mailbox password:
- Using your campus phone extension, dial x6900. (To use a phone other than your current campus phone extension, press the # key. You will hear, "Login incorrect, please try again," then enter your mailbox number - same as phone extension).
- Enter the temporary password provided to you. If you have not received the temporary password, contact the ITS Service Desk.
- Create a new password. Passwords for mailboxes can be between 4 and 10 digits.
- Password cannot be consecutive or all the same digits, i.e. 1234, 1111.
- Password cannot be the same as the extension.
- Using your campus phone extension, dial x6900.
- Enter your password, then press #.
- Press 8 - 2 for the Personal Greetings Options, then follow the prompts to record:
- Personal Greeting - outgoing message heard when a caller reaches your voice mailbox
- Personal Verification - your name, heard when a caller accesses the campus directory
Note: If you don't record greetings, you will have the default personal greeting of "NAME is not available. Record your message after the tone..." and the default system pronunciation of your name.