When producing a Windows Password, there are standards that should be followed in order to both create a functional phrase and allow for an appropriate degree of integrity. These standards are provided below.
- Must be at least 8 characters
- Must contain at least one each:
- upper case letter (A-Z)
- lower case letter (a-z)
- number (0-9)
- May contain special characters or punctuation
Note:Banner Production users should only use these special characters: ! % * + - : _
- Cannot exceed 30 characters
- Cannot contain your first name, last name, birthdate, WPI ID number or email address
- Cannot contain spaces or any of the following characters: @ > < " | . / & # ?
- Cannot begin with a number (0-9)
- Cannot be a password that you've used before