Microsoft Patch Deployment to WPI Systems
WPI ITS will be deploying Microsoft patches to WPI managed systems.
In preparation for distribution of Windows patches which:
- protect systems from malicious software
- resolve issues and bugs
- access new features
- Windows systems are rebooted after the patch update and any files left open overnight may result in loss of data or recovered files.
- Machines powered off and reconnected later are rebooted within 5 minutes of powering on so that patches are applied.
- The reboot may be disruptive if not anticipated so please plan accordingly.
Please plan accordingly so as not to experience a disruption. ITS recommends prior to Friday morning, you:
- Save and close files and log off your machine
- Do not shut down and power off your machine
- For laptops, anticipate the maintenance to run once the machine powers-on and connects to the WPI network. The machine will update then reboot when the patches have completed.
End: 30 September 2016, 7:00 AM
Start: 30 September 2016, 3:00 AM
Posted: 29 September 2016, 8:00 AM