Storage Server Maintenance - Limited Availability
Storage.wpi.edu required upgrade impacts availability to some data and services
ITS will perform a required upgrade to the Isilon storage cluster in order to maintain support from our vendor.
During the upgrade every effort will be made to maintain basic storage.wpi.edu functionality, but some availability will be limited.
- Files, webpages and applications that rely on storage.wpi.edu will be unavailable during the maintenance.
- Email - incoming and outgoing mail will be delayed. Mail will be queued and delivered upon completion of maintenance
- Web File Drop and Upload utilities
Storage systems/services not impacted:
- Research storage, high performance computing
- To protect your files, please log out of your WPI computer prior to 5:30 pm on Thursday, July 5, 2018.
If you are out of the office during the maintenance, please plan accordingly and log out before departing.
- Personally-owned devices will not be able to connect to storage.wpi.edu; therefore closing files saved in that location prior to the maintenance is recommended.
Timeline & Updates
End: 6 July 2018, 2:00 AM
5 July 2018, 8:20 PM
Storage Server Maintenance Complete
Storage Server Maintenance has been completed and all services should be restored to normal operations.
Start: 5 July 2018, 6:00 PM
Posted: 13 June 2018, 2:20 PM