Storage Server Maintenance - Limited Availability
Storage.wpi.edu required upgrade impacts availability to some data and services
ITS will perform a required upgrade to the Isilon storage cluster in order to maintain support from our vendor.
During the upgrade every effort will be made to maintain basic storage.wpi.edu functionality, but some availability will be limited.
- Files, webpages, and backups saved at storage.wpi.edu will be viewable as read-only, but cannot be edited
- Software cannot be installed from storage.wpi.edu
- Email - possibly degraded
Storage systems/services not impacted:
- Web File Drop and Upload utilities
- Research storage, high performance computing
To protect your files, please log out of your WPI computer prior to 5:30 pm on Thursday, July 5, 2018. If you are out of the office during the maintenance, please plan accordingly and log out before departing.
- Personally-owned devices will not be able to connect to storage.wpi.edu; therefore closing files saved in that location prior to the maintenance is recommended.
End: 6 July 2018, 2:00 AM
Start: 5 July 2018, 6:00 PM
Posted: 13 June 2018, 2:20 PM