Storing Data Safely
Reminders about available data storage
Your WPI account enables access to secure data storage.
Through Microsoft Office 365, OneDrive cloud file storage is available to WPI account holders. Benefits include:
- One Terabyte of storage quota
- The ability to access and edit your files from all your devices
- Files are protected and backed up
- Improved file sharing
- Integration with Canvas
For research data with unique storage needs, consult Academic and Research Computing (see Help for contact information).
Links below provide further information on the Data Classification Policy which governs where data can be stored, and on using OneDrive.
As a reminder, data should not be stored on:
- Public WPI computers, such as those in labs, Gordon Library, tech suites, etc.
- Podiums in classrooms and conference rooms
- Terminal servers, such as windows.wpi.edu
Data and profiles are removed from these resources regularly as part of IT maintenance.
Posted: 6 May 2019, 12:00 AM
Start: 30 April 2019, 12:00 AM
30 April 2019
6 May 2019, 12:00 AM