Upgrades to Labs and Desktops for Office 2016
ITS will upgrade the labs and classroom computers, including podium systems, to Office 2016 ahead of the 2018 academic year.
Moving to Office 2016 allows for expansion of Office 365 features for us to utilize in the future.
- All public labs and classroom podium images will be upgraded to Office 2016
- Terminal Servers will include Office 2016
- Office 2016 will be deployed overnight on 7/10 to all employee Windows systems. Office 2016 for Mac is available for self-installation
- Computers that are powered off during the rollout will receive Office 2016 when next powered on
View related article and more information about the scheduled roll-out:
Timeline & Updates
11 July 2017, 10:30 AM
Please update your Shortcuts
If errors occur when running Office programs, remove existing shortcuts on your desktop or task bar and recreate them for the new 2016 programs.
11 July 2017, 8:15 AM
Office 2016 Updates and Reboot
Computers receiving Office 2016 updates will have rebooted.
Computers that already had Office 2016 prior to the July 10 overnight installation, will have received Visio 2016 and Project 2016 during the install, which also required a reboot.
End: 11 July 2017,5:00 AM
Start: 10 July 2017,10:00 PM
10 July 2017, 1:10 PM
Power on Computers for Office 2016 Upgrade
Before leaving today, individuals should prepare computers for tonight's Office 2016 upgrade as follows:
- Save and close files and log off machines
- Do not shut down and power off machines
- Turn on machines that may have been powered off for the June 30 scheduled power outage
- For laptops, anticipate the update to run once the machine powers-on and connects to the WPI network
Posted: 1 July 2017, 10:00 AM
10 July 2017
11 July 2017
1 July 2017, 10:00 AM