Rapid Prototyping (RP), including 3D printing, is a method of producing models directly from a computer-aided design (CAD) program. It uses a computer-driven, additive process to print solid three-dimensional models one layer at a time.
Academic & Research Computing manages executive level RP machines available for students, faculty, and staff. These machines are meant to be used for parts that cannot be easily purchased or produced using other on-campus resources, and orders are accepted for academic or research purposes. Consultations are available to optimize designs for fabrication.
Using This Service
- Orders are received and processed during business hours
- Consultations available during business hours by appointment
Varies by request
- Must be used for WPI academic or research purposes
- All orders must be approved by an advisor
- Rapid Prototyping guidelines posted on the WPI Rapid Prototyping SharePoint site must be reviewed before order submission
Requesting This Service
Orders should be submitted via the WPI Rapid Prototyping SharePoint site.
Consultation requests and questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org