There are two options you may use to reset your WPI password. For either option, it may take up to thirty minutes for WPI systems, including email, to allow access using your new password.
Self Service Password Reset
If you have already established your account for the Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) feature, please navigate to the Reset WPI Password action to change your password.
If you are unsure if you have configured SSPR, navigate to the Reset WPI Page action. If SSPR is not yet configured, you will be prompted to set it up. Note: In order to setup SSPR, you must know your password and it cannot be expired.
If you have established SSPR already, please use SSPR for password reset as it is the preferred method.
If you have not yet established SSPR, follow the instructions below:
- Log in to a WPI machine on the ADMIN domain with your current WPI Username and Password
- Your password must NOT be expired to complete this process.
- Press CTRL+ALT+Delete together on your keyboard, and click on the "Change Password" option
- In the "Old Password" field, type your current password
- Enter a new password in the "New Password" field. Remember to follow WPI's Password Policy when choosing a new password
- Re-type your new password in the "Confirm New Password" field
- Click "OK"
Update Password Reminder
When you need to change your password, you will need to ensure that your new password is changed anywhere you may have it saved. Common locations where passwords are saved include:
- Email clients on all devices
- Canvas App
- VPN Client
- Keychain on an OSX device
Failure to update your password in all stored locations may trigger security lockout protocols.