RequirementsAccess to a non-WPI email account and a phone (mobile or office)
Setup Verification Methods
To enable this service, you must first define your verification methods. To Setup Verification Methods:
- Open a web browser to: https://aka.ms/ssprsetup
- When prompted, provide your WPI email address and current password
- You will need to setup the following verification methods:
- Authentication Phone: This can be a mobile phone or an office phone. For a mobile phone, choose "Call" or "Text". If using an office phone, choose "Call". (Mobile phone is recommended so you can receive texts and are not dependent on being at your desk to get the verification code.)
- Authentication Email: Not a WPI Email, but an alternate email address. In most cases, this would be a personal email address.
Set Password with Self-Service Password Reset
With Verification Methods in place, you will be setup to use Self-Service Password Reset.
- Open a web browser to: https://aka.ms/sspr
- Enter your WPI email address where it asks for your User ID
- Enter the given CAPTCHA code
- Select the contact method you would prefer to use to verify your identity
- Type the code provided in the box that appears and click Next
- Input the new password you would like to use
- Confirm the new password and select Finish
If you chose to verify through your alternate email address, you will need to open your inbox in a new browser tab or window
The links to setup verification and reset will take you to Microsoft sites.