Send As and Send on Behalf
To send an email either as an email address or on behalf of that email address, the instructions will be the same. However, after you have sent the message, the from section that the receiver of the email sees will be different. It will say that it is from the address itself or it is from your name on behalf of the emaill address. This is based on the permissions you have for the mailbox.
To send as or on behalf of a resource mailbox within the Outlook clients, please follow these steps:
- Select the New Email option in the top left corner
- Click the down arrow beside the From: option
- If the From: line is not showing, go to the Options tab and select From in the Show Fields category
- Select the name of the email address you would like to send as
- If the email address does not appear, choose Other email address... and type in the full email address you would like to send as or send on behalf of
Outlook for the Web
If you would like to send as or on behalf of a resource mailbox within Outlook for the Web, please follow these steps:
- In the top left corner, select New to create a new email
- Beside the Send, Attach, and Discard options, click the three dots ...
- Choose Show from
- In the From line, right click on your email address and select Remove
- Type in the full email address of the list you would like to send as or send on behalf of