- WPI account in good standing
- Self Service Password Reset (SSPR) configured
- Proper date, time, and timezone set on device
- Safari is required for the automated installation process. Alternative browsers are not supported.
- Desktop Mode Disabled - see second tab above for additional instructions
- Connect to the WPI-Open wireless network
- Open your web browser to https://w.wpi.edu
- Select Setup My WPI WiFi
- Select Sign In
Please ensure that the proper device type and OSX Version is selected
- Sign in with your WPI email address and password
- Select JoinNow
- Go to Settingson your iOS device
- Select Profile Download
- Select Install
Once all steps have been completed you should be connected to the WPI Wireless network. If you are not automatically connected to WPI-Wireless, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and connect manually there.
- In some instances, users may need to remove older WPI Profiles. To remove a profile, open "Settings -> General". Scroll down to "Profiles" and delete all WPI-Wireless profiles. Once done, rerun this procedure.
Disable Desktop Mode iOS 13
- In the Safari browser, click the "AA" icon to the left of the URL bar
- If the "Request Desktop Website" option appears, you can proceed with the setup
- If the "Request Mobile Website" option appears, click it to get the mobil version of the site. Continue with the instructions below.
- Open your iPhone's Settings application
- Open the Safari settings menu
- Scroll to the Settings for Websites section
- Open the Request Desktop Website options
- Ensure this is turned off to ensure the SecureW2 process can proceed